Class of the Hooligans

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chapter 5 (Part 1)

“Are you sure about this?” Violet uttered uncertainly. “Yup, I am absolutely sure about this,” I replied confidently. Violet stared at me as if I was a mutter. “You said that you had a brilliant plan and I expected it to be wacky knowing you but what are you thinking?” Violet shrieked at me. I waved my hand calmly, “It will work. Trust me.” I had worked out all the possibilities and was almost certain that the plan would work brilliantly.
“Are you two done squabbling?” Derek queried, stifling a yawn. “If we aren’t going to be on the road in five minutes, I am going home,” Richard complained as he twirled the car keys around his finger.
“You heard them, let’s go!” I exclaimed and lugged open the car door, settling myself comfortably in the backseat. “I have a bad feeling about this,” Violet muttered audibly before she plopped into the comfortable synthetic seats of the Mercedes Benz. “Who’s driving?” she implored. “Who do you think? Richard of course,” I answered without hesitation. Violet glared at me as if she going to eat me up.
“But Richard is underage! Not to mention a driving license! We could get into trouble. Perhaps Derek could do the driving. In the dark, people could mistake him for an adult. He does have the built and the size,” Violet preached.
“That’s the point. We are supposed to get into trouble. And Richard was the only one who knew how to drive expertly. Or so he says,” I explained casually. “I do know how to drive expertly,” Richard scoffed from the front, “Can we go now?” I nodded as rock music blared from the speakers and the familiar tingling sensations of the vibrating engine travelled down my spine.
Before Violet could spit out another word, we were already on the road, singing to our hearts content, or more like screaming in fear. As soon as we had left the parking lot, we banged into the lamp post and nearly crash into a tree. I swept a glimpse at Violet’s face. She looked as if she was about to explode. “Richard!!!”Violet shrieked, “Are you sure you know how to drive?”
“It was just a minor blip,” Richard reasoned, “I have got everything under control.” Yah, as soon as he finished that sentenced, the car veered off the road and was sent spiralling towards the kerb. Terrific control of the car he has. Realising that the situation wasn’t pretty, Derek tugged at the wheel, pulling us back on the road. I heaved a sigh of relief. But not for long, the next thing we knew, we were heading straight for a stretch of stationary cars. “Richard! Hit the brakes!” Violet hollered. “I know! I’m trying!” Richard complained as he pulled the steering wheel and stepped on the accelerator.
“No, Richard that is the accelerator ahhhh!” Derek pointed out in between panic squeals. Richard’s face was pallid, obviously thunderstruck on what to do.
“Bye bye mummy, bye bye daddy,” Derek sniffed as he braced himself for the sickening thud. “Ahhhhh!!!” Violet and I shrieked, facing the doors of eternal doom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home