Class of the Hooligans

Monday, October 13, 2008

Chapter 3 (Part 2)

“I wonder how we are going to explain this situation to anybody,” Violet proclaimed. “Well, just tell them what Jian Ming told us. If not, get Jian Ming to tell them,” I offered. “I wasn’t talking about that sotong! I was talking about Brian’s parents,” Violet barked. “Just say that it was a kidnapping case,” I said, “Besides, it’s the professor who is going to do the explaining. Anyway, who cares about Brian?”
“His parents, duh!” Jian Ming and Violet hollered. “Ok, besides his parents?” I enquired. Silence pitched in. “Nobody right? I mean once everyone hears about this, it won’t have any negative impact on them right?” I added. Violet hesitated for a moment and nodded her head with agreement, “It definitely makes sense.”
“Hey! What took you guys so long, ahhh! Wh… wh… what happened to you!” Lin Fang exclaimed in sheer terror upon catching a glimpse of Jian Ming. “Got involved in kidnapping case, this was the result,” Jian Ming explained. Lin Fang looked around and questioned, “Where is Brian then?” “He got sucked down the toilet bowl,” I replied. “Just kidding, he was carried away in the van” I quickly added upon seeing Lin Fang’s bamboozled expression.
“You mean… he was Kidnapped!” Lin Fang proclaimed. “Yup,” we answered in synchrony. “That is the… Best Damn News Ever! Yeah!” Lin Fang cried out as her face brightened up and threw a punch into the air.
“Hello? Brian’s the least of our problems here! My parents will get a heart attack if they saw me in this condition!” Jian Ming hollered. “I’ve got a suggestion! Put on some make up to cover up those bruises!” I suggested enthusiastically. Jian Ming, Violet and Ling Fang stared at me with gawking expressions and groaned, “Forget it!”
“At least I gave a suggestion,” I grumbled to myself. “Well, can we head back to the ideal lab first? The others are waiting for us,” Lin Fang pointed out. “Sure,” Violet replied as we made a dash for the ideal lab.
“Ahhh! Monster!” Jamie shrieked as Jian Ming stepped into the room. “Perhaps I should consider putting on a mask,” grumbled Jian Ming as he ambled towards a chair. “What happened?” she queried as everyone gathered round to listen. “Brian and Jian Ming were involved in a case of kidnap and Brian was kidnapped,” Violet responded. Instantly, a spontaneous cheer went up from the back, girls and boys alike.
“See, I told you they weren’t bothered,” I smirked. Violet just shot me a ‘now’s not the time for your boring jokes’ kind of look.
“Since everybody is here, let’s go home already!” Dorothy exclaimed as everybody rushed for the door shovelling each other out of the way in an attempt to get out of the school first. “Hold on! There is a message from the professor saying that we have to stay back today a little while later to find Brian,” Richard declared, waving a crisp piece of paper in his hands.
“How did he know about it?” Jun Wei whined. “Well, I told him about it,” uttered Jian Ming. “If you weren’t my good friend I would have threw this chair at you,” Andrew spat. “I had nobody to report this to,” Jian Ming protested.
Cursing ourselves for such bad luck, we trudged out of the room and filed out of the school gates.
Oh bother, why did we have to be the d**n class who gets the special ‘Go Home Late’ treatment? Well kids out there, here’s a word of caution. If you ever thing that being a hero is cool and fun, think again. I would rather be buried in a good book by Rick Riordan anytime on my comfy couch than soaking in sweat salts under the blistering hot sun. You get the picture, it isn’t pretty unless you consider a human hotdog sweet. Besides that, you still have to schedule time for homework, revision, studying, etc…
Next time, if you ever see a man with a white sleazy beard, run as fast as your limbs can carry you cause you are going to regret it real badly if you don’t.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home