Class of the Hooligans

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Chapter 3

“Put that thingy with the blade down!” Violet ordered as she scuttled towards the guy. “It’s a weed whacker,” I corrected her as I scurried after her. “Whatever, just put that weed dasher or basher down!” Violet hollered as the guy looked up, flabbergasted. Immediately, he went on a running streak by making a dash for the HDB flats. We instinctively followed him like what cops would do.
“Stop running!” Violet yelled, nearly breathless as she continued running at a breakneck pace. I looked around; surely someone would have realised something was amiss when he or she saw three people running like mad dogs with a weed whacker in hand. The unfortunate thing was: even if someone saw it and thought something was amiss, they wouldn’t even step up to lend a helping hand.
“Perhaps we could chase him into a corner, I know this place better than you do,” I told Violet. “Fine with me, lead the way,” Violet agreed as she tried to get him to corporate by moving in the same direction. I headed for the mailbox near a HDB flat lobby.
Soon, he was cornered but unfortunately for us, that wasn’t the end of our adventure. Mr. Weed Whacker brandished a Swiss army knife and lunged towards us. We swiftly dodged to a side as he headed for us again. Things were getting a little too out of hand for my liking. How were we supposed to face a guy armed with both a weed whacker and a Swiss army knife? “We need a plan,” Violet suggested. “Plan A is that we both attack him together while Plan B-” Violet ducked to a corner and continued, “is that you distract him and I kick his butt.”
“Can I choose Plan C?” I enquired. “What is it?” Violet pondered. “RUN!!!” I exclaimed as I ran helter-skelter in all directions like some disorganised sheep searching for a place to graze on grass. “No you sotong, you are suppose to head for the enemy!” Violet proclaimed, seething with anger. I continued running in circles clearly ignoring Violet.
“Jennison, could you just stick to the plan?” Violet shrieked. “What is the plan?” I asked puzzled. “Attack the enemy!” Violet yelled as she thrust herself towards the guy, launching a punch. Mr. Weed Whacker ducked and manoeuvred his body to a side smugly. I guess I should lend Violet a helping hand. I walked over calmly, whipped out my water bottle, removed my shoe and slammed the muddy sneaker into his face squarely. Next, I took out my container containing wasabi and dumped the whole thing into my water bottle and shook the bottle to the best of my ability to dissolve the wasabi cream. Once I was done, I aimed it at the man face and gave him a dose of my wasabi cream mixture.
“Ahhh…” he yelped as the icy cold sensation flooded through his body sending chills down his spine. Instinctively, he dropped his weapons and cowered to a side clutching his face.
“Let’s just hope I didn’t make a sashimi out of him,” I muttered to Violet with a casual laugh as she got down to her feet and tied him up. Violet grumbled, “Now, would you mind calling the police?”
*****
“The moral of the story is to always have wasabi cream with you wherever you go,” I joked while all Violet did was to stand there and glare at me like I was someone who just escaped from the institution of mental health. She never gets my jokes, does she?
“Well we better find the boys anyway and report that there are no bullies around except for car thieves or people who smash car windshields for fun,” Violet said as she ambled towards the meeting place.
“Where were you?” a hoarse voice rang in my ears. I turned around and gasped in astonishment. There stood Jian Ming nearly beaten into a pulp, panting.
“What happened?” I asked, normally, someone would have called me a sotong or something to that extend but this time, it was no laughing matter. “Someone was kidnapped. We tried to stop them but they were too strong. We tried to contact you too but you guys didn’t respond. In the end, they took Brian! I was lucky to escape, I know that Brian can be a pain at times but we got to help him. He is part of the class no matter what!” Jian Ming explained.
“WHAT! That can’t be! We were stopping a guy with a Swiss army knife who tried to smash a car windshield with a weed whatever it is, that was why we didn’t here your call for help,” Violet reasoned. “We got to report this to the rest!” she added. I nodded my head in approval.
“Alright, what vehicle did they use to escape?” Violet questioned. “In a van, but in my haste to get away, I didn’t see the vehicle plate number,” Jian Ming answered as he shuffled his feet.
I cleared my throat, “Err… hem. Then what are we waiting here for? Let’s go!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home